7pm, Monday 5th March (Week 8), Halford Mackinder Lecture Theatre, School of Geography and the Environment Facebook event
The GeogSoc AGM will be held at 7pm on Monday, 5th March (8th Week) in the Halford Mackinder Lecture Theatre at the School of Geography and the Environment, with elections for a new committee for the next year being held after the AGM. The AGM and committee elections are only open to current members, with food and refreshments provided.
If you are interested in running for a committee position, applications for the roles will open on Monday, 12th February (Week 5) and close on Wednesday, 28th February (Week 7). Only current members of GeogSoc are eligible to apply.
Please send your applications by replying to this email (firstname.lastname@example.org), and include the following before the deadline in 7th week:
- Manifesto (no more than 150 words saying why you would be suited for the role)
- And a photo of yourself
The role available are:
- President – As the president of the society, Zak represents the society at our events. He chairs the committee meetings and oversees the rest of the committee members. The president also provides help to the committee members when organising our events. Fancy yourself to be the next president of GeogSoc? Contact Zak through the GeogSoc Facebook Page to find out more about what he does as President.
- Treasurer – Jack is in charge of managing the accounts and working with other members of the committee to put on a range of events while ensuring we stay within budget. Want some experience managing a budget? Treasurer is the role for you! Contact Jack through the GeogSoc Facebook page to find out more!
- Secretary – Jenny, our secretary, manages all the admin such as signing up new members and booking rooms for talks. She also takes the minutes for the committee meetings and makes sure the society adheres to its constitution. Message Jenny through the GeogSoc Facebook page if you have any questions about her role!
- Social Officer – Charlotte’s role on the committee is to organise the social events throughout year. This means you can get to know people from other colleges and other years whilst having fun in the process. Want to be our next Social Officer? Contact Charlotte via the GeogSoc Facebook page to find out more!
- Events Officer – Laura is the Events Officer. She contacts potential speakers and arranges for them to speak to our society. Laura also works with other societies to hold joint events and organises the refreshments we have at our speaker events. You can contact Laura through the GeogSoc Facebook page if you have any questions about her role!
- Careers Officer – Lizzie organises the termly careers events by working with the department careers officer. She also works with possibly employees to make sure we get the right careers advise. Think you want to be the next careers officer? Contact Sophie through the Facebook page to find out more about the role.
- Marketing and IT Officer – James manages the website and social media feeds to advertise the society. He also provides technical support at events and help towards the general running of the society. Drop a message on the GeogSoc Facebook page if you want to hear more about this role!
Interested to find out more? Have a look on the committee page on our website, or keep checking our Facebook page for descriptions of roles available this year. You can also message the Facebook page to talk directly to our committee.
We hope to see your application soon!
N.B. Please note that the deadline for applications to be on the committee have been extended to Wednesday, 28th February (Week 7).
N.B.B. Please note that the venue for the AGM and committee elections will now be at the Halford Mackinder Lecture Theatre at the School of Geography and the Environment.